More homeowners with flat roofs choose foam roofing because of its many advantages. As the leading foam roofing contractor in the Phoenix area, let us give you an overview of why foam roofing is a great option for your roof. If you are unfamiliar with spray polyurethane foam as a roof material, or you’re curious about the advantages of using foam roofing for your home’s roofing system, Stapleton Roofing has foam roofing experts that can answer your questions!
Foam roofs are a great choice for flat roofs. There are several advantages a foam roof has over other flat roofing systems. But there are a few things that you should know about your Foam roof!
- Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) is a closed cell foam for the roof
- However, for every inch of foam on the roof it provides an R7 value of insulation
- Once foam is sprayed out of the gun it takes about a minute to set up
- The foam itself is completely waterproof
- The white (or color of your choice) coating is applied to the foam to prevent the suns UV from breaking the foam down
- The coating (white) also reflects up to 90% of the UV rays making a foam roof very energy efficient
- Foam roofs have to be coated every 5 to 10 years in order for the foam to stay protected
- There is no other system that is seamless such as foam
- Foam can be walked on and it will not “crush” or be “squished” by walking on it
- Penetrations and AC units on the roof are the most susceptible areas for a leak to occur
- Your roof should be cleaned before and after monsoon season, especially if you have trees of any kind where debris can cause blockages in the way water drains
- Foam roofs, if maintained properly by being coated, will last 50+ years
- Be sure to hire a professional who is licensed, bonded, and insured to protect yourself
Foam roof systems give your home an advantage and can save you a lot of time and money in the long run. A foam roof is applied quickly and is low-maintenance after installation, and installing foam roofing can be easily done in as little as a day. Foam roofing is also eco-friendly and insulates your home and reduces energy use, and foam roof has a durability that creates a roofing structure that doesn’t require additional support. Several features of a foam roof system make this roofing material advantageous for homes.
With a foam roof protecting your home, you don’t have to worry about leaks or water absorption in your roof. Foam resists water extremely well, and it is lightweight but sturdy, able to bear a lot of weight while not creating any excess of weight itself on your home. Foam is so energy-efficient, it can keep your indoor temperature regulated without the need for excessive energy use. This makes it a great investment for your home that will save you money on heating and AC expenses.
When installing a foam roof we can either clean and prepare the current roof to be foamed over or tear off and dispose of the old roof and inspect substrate and apply the foam directly to substrate. It is standard to have 1” of foam on the roof but you may choose more. Everything is taped off and cars are covered if not moved so no over-spray will occur. We then apply the elastomeric top coat to the foam to protect the foam from the UV rays. Clean up and touch up work are all completed to ensure a clean job!
Stapleton Roofing is committed to excellence in roofing. Our team has seen generations of quality roofing projects completed, satisfied customers throughout Arizona, and a lasting relationship with the community we have served for so many years. Clients know they can trust the experts at Stapleton Roofing with any project, whether it be roof repair, roof replacement, roof maintenance, roof installation and construction, roof inspection, roof consultation and recommendation, or any other home improvement task we tackle. They turn to us knowing we have the discipline to complete each project on time, the mastery to attain excellence, the expertise to provide great insight, the accessibility to top-quality products, and the relational credibility to build respectful, friendly, reliable partnerships with them.
If you or someone you know is ready to experience service from the team that has raised the bar in roofing industry excellence, reach out to us. Serving customers in Arizona with all their roofing solutions is our specialty, and we are ready to meet you wherever you at with your roof or home. If you have questions, we’re here to answer them, and if you have a need, we are here to hear it and fulfill that need with our roofing services. If you are ready to begin a great partnership, don’t hesitate! Call Stapleton Roofing today!