Having roof repairs or having to buy a whole new roof for your home is an important, expensive investment. Before you commit to this investment you need to research and evaluate roofing contractors in Phoenix AZ. You should insist on working with a professional roofing contractor that has experience and comes with a lot of positive reviews from previous customers. Stapleton Roofing wants to assist you in getting the kind of results you expect—a quality roof at a fair price. All residential roofing contractors are not alike, and Stapleton Roofing recommends that you go through a pre-qualification process when finding the right roofing contractor for your home.
The following guidelines will help you select a professional roofing contractor for your roofing needs:
- Check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax identification number and business license.
- Don’t hesitate to ask a roofing contractor for proof of insurance. Make sure the coverage’s are in effect through the duration of the job. Many building and home owners have been dragged into litigation involving uninsured roofing contractors. Also, if a contractor is not properly insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property.
- Check to see if the roofing contractor is properly licensed or bonded in the state of Arizona. Some states have specific licensing requirements, and others do not. Contact Arizona’s Department of Revenue or Licensing Board for this information. Additionally, these contractors must maintain minimum insurance coverage and utilize contracts that comply with a number of consumer protection requirements specified in this law.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that offers client references and a list of completed projects. Call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied with the work they had done.
- Insist on a detailed, written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures.
- Have the contractor list the roofing manufacturers with which his firm is a licensed or approved applicator.
- Have the contractor explain his project supervision and quality-control procedures. Request the name of the person who will be in charge of your project, how many workers will be required and estimated completion time.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations. Being a member of industry associations demonstrates a commitment to professionalism.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau or Department of Professional Regulation to check for possible complaints filed against the contractor.
- Carefully read and understand any roofing warranties offered, and watch for provisions that would void it.
- Choose a company committed to worker safety and education. Ask the contractor what type of safety training he provides for his workers and what industry education programs they have attended. The best roofing contractor is only as good as the workers who install the new roof or repairs.
- Keep a healthy skepticism about the lowest bid. Several fly-by-night contractors will give a very low bid, and it will feel very attractive, but these contractors often are uninsured and perform substandard work. Remember, price is only one of the criteria for selecting a roofing contractor. Professionalism, experience and quality workmanship also should weigh heavily in your decision.
If you’re needing repairs, have severe damage, or your roof is getting up there in age (approx 15-20yrs), you should definitely have your roof inspected. Sometimes your roof only needs repairs and if that’s the case, Stapleton Roofing will tell you so. But in the event it’s worth replacing it, our company will provide details on why it’s more cost effective to replace rather than repair and you can count on our team to get the job done right. Guaranteed!!
Call Stapleton Roofing today at 602-737-3124 or visit our contact page.