Are You at Risk?
Is Your Roof at Risk?
Water leaks or temperature inconsistencies in your home could mean your roofing system isn’t working properly. Watch for these signs you may need a roof replacement:
- Roof leaks in the attic or top floor
- Water stains on ceilings
- Blistering or peeling paint and plaster on ceilings or walls
- Excessive shingle debris in gutters or lawns
- Shingles buckling, curling or blistering
Because your roof is constantly exposed to the elements, it’s bound to age. Here are some common sources of wear and the effects:
- The sun’s heat and ultraviolet rays age roofing materials, especially on west and south surfaces.
- Rainwater under shingles causes rot and threatens structural integrity.
- High winds lift shingles and force water and debris underneath.
- Tree branches damage shingles. Leaves on the roof and in gutters hold moisture and cause rot and poor drainage.
- Missing or torn shingles allow remaining shingles to rip or blow off.
Your home or place of business is probably the most valuable possession you own. Your roof must be able to withstand soaring summer heat, as well as volatile spring weather that often includes severe thunderstorms, high winds and damaging hail. Our roofs are only built by experienced roofers with quality roofing materials. A roof leak can damage not only your exterior, but also can damage your personal property or business property. Maintaining your roof will assure a longer life of your roofing materials. Most roofs are only warranted for 15-20 years and afterwards will most likely need to be replaced or re-roofed.
Roof systems can deteriorate from: normal wear; severe weather conditions (e.g., wind and snow loads); building movement (e.g., settlement, material contraction/ expansion); and improper design, construction and maintenance. Any roof repairs not dealt with after the first signs of failure can result in increased damage to the building envelope and interior finishes, and loss of occupant productivity, if damage causes interruption in client services and program delivery. Failure of structural integrity can endanger occupant safety.
Regular inspection of building roof systems will lead to early detection of roof problems, protection of Government capital assets, and maintenance of safe working environments for building occupants.
- To determine if the roof system is performing according to its intended function.
- To identify signs of weakness, deterioration or hazard.
- To identify needed repairs.
- Inspect exterior for: continuity of roof covering; deterioration of fascias, gutters and soffits; and performance of flashings.
- Inspect interior finishes (ceilings and walls) for signs of water penetration, frost buildup and structural distress.
- Record and report inspection findings.
- Initiate maintenance and repair projects.
- Report any unsafe working conditions or potential system failures immediately to the PW&S Regional Superintendent.
Your home or place of business is probably the most valuable possession you own. Your roof must be able to withstand soaring summer heat, as well as volatile spring weather that often includes severe thunderstorms, high winds and damaging hail.
At Stapleton Roofing, a family owned and operated company since 2010, we’re committed to delivering the very best residential and commercial roof construction services without hidden costs or installation shortcuts.
Our prompt service, attention to detail, experienced crew, and immaculate safety record is what we’ve built our reputation on and we proudly stand behind our work! Whether you are looking for a simple leak repair or a complete re-roof, we have the resources to get the job finished on time and on budget. We are not a handyman service and can not simply patch a faulty roof. After we repair or replace your roof, you can be assured of quality work!
As a licensed, bonded and insured professional roofing contractor located in Peoria, we handle roof replacement, repair, and maintenance. We pride ourselves in our work and materials.
Our team of trained, experienced inspectors and roofing installers specializes in:
- Evaluating your roof for storm damage, particularly from hail and wind.
- Helping you select the right roofing material for your home or business.
- Assisting you throughout the insurance claims process.
- Providing exceptional customer service and a high-quality finished product.
Upon completion of your roofing construction project, Stapleton Roofing provides a written labor warranty. You can be confident that we’ll stand behind it for years to come.
Our Service Area Includes Peoria, Glendale, Sun City, Sun City West, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, Surprise and Wickenburg